If you are due for a dental cleaning but feel nervous or anxious about visiting the dentist, our team is here to put your fears at rest. We offer a breakdown of what to expect during a dental cleaning in just five simple steps:
1. Dental X-Rays: When you visit our dental office, we will greet you warmly and bring you to the back rooms to sit in a comfortable dental chair. We may use some dental X-rays to determine the health of your oral cavity and whether there are any developing dental problems in your teeth, tooth roots or jawbone structure that will need to be addressed by our dentist.
2. Deep cleaning: Next, we gently and thoroughly clean your teeth with a special tool that cleans your smile and protects your teeth from oral health problems by removing plaque that can cause tooth decay and gum disease.
3. Polishing: After your dental cleaning, we can apply a gritty-feeling substance to your smile that will leave your teeth smooth and clean when rinsed away.
4. Flossing: We can thoroughly remove lingering plaque and food from between your teeth and other hard-to-reach areas of your mouth, such as around braces or a permanent retainer.
5. Fluoride treatment: If you have weakened tooth enamel, then following the completion of your dental checkup, we can further improve your teeth by providing a fluoride treatment in the form of a varnish, gel or foam. We allow the minerals to remain on your tooth enamel for a few minutes and soak in before they are rinsed away.
If you are due for a dental cleaning in Charlotte, North Carolina, contact Drew Hines, DMD at 704-366-3526 today to schedule a time to see Dr. Hines and our team.